Wednesday, July 24, 2013

TARTE Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara Review

Tarte cosmetics is one of my top favorite brands. Whenever I walk into Sephora or Ulta I always make sure to check out their little display. I love that their products are paraben free and are not tested on animals. It makes their steeper price tag totally worth it knowing I'm buying a high quality product. Not to mention, I've yet to be disappointed by any of their products.
One of my all time favorite products by them, and all time favorite mascaras, is their Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara. It is phenomenal and a really difficult formula to beat. They recently released a new mascara from the same line called Lights, Camera, Flashes, and I simply could not wait to get my hands on it 
As usual, their packaging couldn't be more beautiful, I admit it's a little bit extravagant which probably drives the price up but honestly, it looks high end and makes me feel fancy.

The wand on this baby is what makes it so incredible and unique
Although its hard to tell (and even harder to photograph), the brush has two sides. The directions on the box suggest using the dense, soft side of the brush first to build volume, then comb through with the flex-bristles to create length and definition. It also suggests applying two coats, which I always do anyway. 
The formula of the mascara reminds me a lot of  Benefits "they're real" mascara, it's really wet and can be messy. I find that it does have a tendency to clump a little bit but I'm going to work with it and practice so I can avoid that issue. This stuff means business when it comes to holding a curl. My lashes stay curled, thick, and long all day. It's serious stuff. 

Here are some shots of the application process:
Two coats applied to the left side, compared to nothing on the right. 

After mascara was applied to both eyes (natural light). 

This mascara makes some big claims and promises, and although I may not agree with "+752% volume", I would agree that this mascara makes a HUGE difference. I love the false lash effect that it gives, I feel like my lashes are butterflies every time I blink. I love that it's formulated without parabens, phthalates, triclosan, sodium lauryl sulfate, or synthetic fragrance (yuck!). It truly is amazing and very unique. I was not a fan of Benefit "They're Real" and was skeptical that this would disappoint me since they seemed comparable, but I won't lie, I love this stuff!! If you're in the market for a nice high end mascara, Tarte "Lights, Camera,Flashes" retails at about $23. 

PS I found this image online and found it helpful at explaining the brush's technology 



2 comments:

  1. That actually looks like it might be worth the price to check out! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's truly amazing! After using it today I love it even more! I highly recommend it

      Delete

what are your thoughts?