Friday, July 12, 2013

#1: Product I regret purchasing

It is one thing to walk into the Drug Store and buy something for $6 and not like it or for it to not live up to your expectations. It is another to walk into Ulta, go to your favorite brand's display, pick up something you've wanted for a really long time, and then absolutely hate it. Despite going on makeup alley.com and doing your research and disregarding all the negative reviews and still just doing what you want. I guess we learn from our mistakes...

I am borderline obsessed with Butter London nail polishes. I stock up on them anytime Ulta has a sale and then I always go back after the sale is over and buy more at full price. And lets be honest, $15.00 is a lot of money for .4 fl oz of nail polish. Is it worth it? to me, absolutely. I love the fact that there are no harsh ingredients that could harm my nails, the packaging is gorgeous, and I feel as thought the colors are the always the best because they are unique. Some of my favorite colors include "Fiver", "Muggins", and "All Hail The Queen".
I thought since I loved their colored polishes so much, I would also love their base and top coats. The two I purchased are their Nail Foundations Flawless Basecoat and Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat. I liked the basecoat because it's unique in that it is a pale nude-ish pink color, like a foundation. I'm a sucker for any fast drying to coat and, quite frankly, will not use one that is not quick drying. I don't have time for that, I'm sure you don't have time for that, ain't nobody got time for that.
                                           
These retail at $19 dollars each, but at Ulta you can purchase a kit called "Top and Tails" where you get both for $25, which seems like a deal because your saving nearly $20. But still, $25 is expensive for a base and top coat. 
My issue with these is they make my nails chip so quickly, and so much! When I used the Nail foundation, my nails literally chipped in large sheets the same day, even though I let them dry completely before even thinking about using my hands. The top coat is no better. When I switched back to my usual base coat with this top coat, I expected better results, thinking that maybe the Nail Foundation was just a dud for me. Wrong. My nails still chip extremely quick. 
I like that the Top Coat is not thick and gloopy and will continue to use it until I run out (unless if I have a special event where I want my nails to look extra nice). I will try to use the Nail Foundation, maybe in between manicures when I don't want my nails to be completely bare. As far as repurchasing goes, I definitely would never repurchase these products and I would never recommend these products to anyone. 
I Feel horrible for writing this review because I have been so impressed and Faithful to Butter London, but these are my honest and unbiased opinions and I wouldn't want someone to spend this much money on a product that has been such a great disappointment. 

Sorry Butter London, but these just did not do it for me 

*My favorite base coat and top coat (to date) are the OPI Nail Envy ($16) as a base and Out The Door top coat ($5)*


2 comments:

  1. I love the nail polishes, but they chipped horribly on me. I was told to use their base/top coat, and the polish would last. So I bought the exact combo you wrote about, and the polish now lasts! Funny how things work differently for people!

    "Ain't nobody got time for that" - LOL!

    ReplyDelete

what are your thoughts?