Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Everyday Full Lashes


I don't think there is a girl out there who doesn't love the look of big full lashes. I know that I am obsessed with full lashes and I work to get my lashes thick and full almost everyday. If I could, I would wear false lashes every single day because I love the lift and flirty look they give my peepers, but as I am always rushing out the door as it is, I really do not have the extra 5 minutes to apply false eye lashes.
Also, false eyelashes can be really harmful to your natural lashes as they may pull them out if the glue or adhesive gets attached (ouch!). They are also expensive and though some people say they are reusable, I never have great luck with cleaning them off; they just never look as nice as they do brand new. 
But alas! I have found a way to make a big lash look without the falsies! The key is layering different mascaras and using multiple coats. I also find that tight-lining the upper waterline really helps as it makes the lashes look fuller and darker. Here are the images I gathered this morning while quickly putting together my eye look:
The first image is before I tight-lined my water line.
The second image is after I tight-lined; I like the darkness it adds to my eye and how it gives the illusion of fuller lashes from the base.  I used Covergirl Ink It! Eyeliner in Black Ink
The third image is after one coat of L'oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions and adding liquid liner to my upper lash line (today I made a winged line). I use Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner
The fourth image is after two coats of L'oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions 

After I let those two coats dry for about a minute I add in a coat of L'oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes (wow, that's a mouth full).
Oh my! Look at the brush! 
I concentrate this product mostly at the base of my lashes. I place the brush on the lashes and roll it back to the base. Then, I wiggle the brush back and forth to be sure it grabs every single little lash. Then, I follow through the the tips of my lashes. 

These are not the only mascaras that work for creating big lashes. I like to use a lengthening product followed by a volumizing product, that way I get both length and thickness. If you are anything like me, you probably already have some mascaras laying around that you could experiment with, although if it is more than 3 months old you may want to toss that sucker out. Mascara collects a ton of bacteria and the last place you want those germs is in your eyes. 

Quick Tip: every mascara is different; some work better after they dry out a bit, some work better fresh. Some look good layered, some clump up, etc.  Work with your mascara before you decide after the first day you don't like it. Sometimes I will leave my mascara tube open for an hour or so to let some air in because I like a dryer mascara texture. My holy grail mascara is the Covergirl Lash Fusion (in a purple tube). I alway keep that in my collection for when I'm in a pinch or to fix any mascara mishaps I encounter when trying out a new product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts?