Sunday, July 21, 2013

Organic Skin Solutions

Just like it is important to nourish your body with fresh, healthy food, it is also important to be sure that what you feed your skin is also clean and not harmful. 
I will admit that I'm not the best at making sure my cosmetics, skin, and body care product are paraben free or organic, but when I find something that is advertised as "organic" or "natural", I naturally gravitate more to purchasing that product. I've tried to become better and more aware of what I put onto my skin, especially if it is like a face mask or lotion, anything that is really going to absorb into the skin. 
Recently, I found a lot of people were talking about the Michael Todd True Organics skin care line. After doing some research (also known as, online shopping) I decided to purchase some of the items. After all, who could resist these exquisite-sounding products. 

This is my small, but growing, collection. I thought I would give you guys a mini review on each of the items. Also, how precious is their pretty purple packaging??

Organic Lemon DMAE AHA Toner- this is one of my favorites. I use this as my morning toner to brighten my skin and to wake up my senses with the delicious lemon scent. It just smells like morning in the summer time. It has DMAE and AHA that help clear out excess oil, fight future infection, and promote clear, healthy, radiant skin. I find that it evens out my skin tone and texture really well. 

Blue Green Algae Toner- many, many people rave about this toner. I really like using it at night after cleansing my face. It smells like a spa and like the ocean, all mixed into one. It is an antibacterial toner that contains aloe Vera, vital nutrients, trace elements, and amino acids to remove toxins and promote cell renewal. Black Willow Tree is also found in this toner for healing and fighting infection. The aloe Vera in this works wonders for pulling moisture into the skin. I love when a toner is moisturizing because often times they can feel quite drying. 

Pumpkin Mask- this mask is full of nutrients; it literally feels like food for your face, and smells like it too! It contains glycolic acid and pumpkin enzymes that dissolve impurities and add brightness to the skin. My only warning with this is that it may sting a little bit. I have extremely sensitive skin and it does not bother me too much. Also, be sure to thoroughly wash it off or else it will leave an orange residue on your face that you'll notice on your cotton pad after using your toner. 

Eye O Sonic System- I got this for a steal on Living Social. It's really a wonderful product. The eye cream is quite hydrating and not greasy at all. It absorbs really well, especially when using the eye o sonic device. I love my eye o sonic, it feels like an at home eye treatment. I find that it really helps penetrate the product deep into my skin which helps with keeping my under eye concealer from creasing and my under eyes hydrated all day. You could use the device with any eye cream, sometimes I'll use it with my de-puffing eye cream if my eyes need a more intense treatment. I bought one of these for my mom too and she also really enjoys it. Eye cream is really important for people of all ages so be sure not to skip it! 

Over all I've been extremely pleased with Michael Todd True Organics. I cannot wait to try more of their products to review for you guys and love the fact that they are full of natural ingredients that are not harming my skin. 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with this brand, all items were purchased by me and as always are reviewed with a 100% unbiased and honest opinion 

Visit their website to find products perfect for your skin: www.michaeltoddtrueorganics.com
 *for reference, my skin in combination/oily, sensitive, and acne prone with lots of acne scars and redness. 

Enjoy feeding your face! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts?