Monday, July 8, 2013

Small and Simple NYX haul

Hi there! Today I got a craving to hit up my local Ulta and stock up on some NYX products that I have not yet tried yet.
I personally love NYX products; here in the beauty world, many bloggers rave about NYX products. They are known for having many dupes for MAC products which is wonderful for those of us who don't jump at the sound of a $30 face powder (sometimes more!)
I usually get very overwhelmed by the NYX display because it is usually a complete disaster and half of the products are opened and smashed and swatched. I usually will hold 10 things in my hands and then put it all down and leave without purchasing any of it. I like to have a game plan when I go in; "i'm going to pick up a lipstick and butter gloss, BREAK!"

The first item I knew I wanted to grab was their Matte Lipstick in the color "Hippie Chic", which is a described as a Yellow-toned pink. It is gorgeous and very unique. I would actually say it is quite like an apricot color. It isn't quite peach because it is much more orange than that, but it is most definitely not an orange shade. I enjoy the color of this lipstick a lot but I do not like that it settles into the cracks of my lips, but I suppose that could be expected with a shade that is light and not bold.

The next item I grabbed because it was too gorgeous not to was the Matte Lipstick in the color "Shocking Pink". NYX describes this color as a cool-toned hot pink. It reminds me a lot of Mac's "Candy Yum Yum" but not quite as neon. It is very wearable and does not settle into the cracks of my lips as much as "Hippie Chic" does. This is truly my type of color in that it is so bright and beautiful, but also very wearable.

I also decided to try out the NYX Butter Glosses. I grabbed the color "Peaches and Cream" as I thought it would look gorgeous layered over "Hippie Chic", or really any peach color to make it look more pink and wearable. It is described as a "Pink Coral" on the NYX website and I would definitely agree with that. It is very comfortable on the lips and really does feel like butter! Except, not in a greasy, Paula Dean-lovin' kind of way. They are not totally opaque, so don't expect them to be similar to a Revlon Lip Butter, but it does look gorgeous on it's own or layered over other lipsticks.

The last item that I grabbed was another Butter Gloss in the shade "Merengue". Merengue is a Pink Lilac color; these types of shades always drag me in, ALWAYS. I think they are very unique but very wearable because often times purply lilac colors come across as very light, but yet bright pink. If you have not tired a purple lip balm, stick, or gloss yet, I really recommend you do because it will totally refresh your smile by giving it a new and unique twist.

If you have yet to try out NYX products, I would recommend all of the ones I picked up today, I especially love the Butter Gloss in "Merengue" and believe anyone could get away with wearing it. The other awesome thing about NYX is they are a very affordable brand and often times have buy one get one 50% off at Ulta.







These are the products swatched out from left to right:
Matte Lipstick Hippie Chic ($5.99)
Matte Lipstick Shocking Pink ($5.99)
Butter Gloss Peaches and Cream ($4.99)
Butter Gloss Merengue ($4.99)








QUICK TIP: I always recommend exfoliating your lips before applying any lip products but especially really light, really bright, or matte lip sticks. One that I've been loving lately (that has replaced my Lush "Mint Julips") is the e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator. I love that it is in a stick form and that it scrubs away all the dead skin but moisturizes at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. I soooo agree with your comment about the NYX display! It's total chaos at my Ulta! What is up with that? I usually don't end up buying anything because it's so jacked up :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they would organize it better! I love their products but hate shopping at their display

      Delete

what are your thoughts?