Saturday, July 27, 2013

Quick Post: John Mayer Concert & MOTD

Last night I was lucky enough to go to the John Mayer concert, which was amazing because three years ago for my first birthday I spent with my boyfriend we went to a John Mayer concert and he hasn't toured since, and let me tell you, i've been waiting oh so patiently. But last night he was back and I got tickets for my birthday this year to see him again (thanks, Chad!)

So yeah, I just wanted to write a quick post about how amazing John Mayer is, especially in concert! He is an absolutely phenomenal musician and I think that anyone who has ears would enjoy him in concert. I always tell my brother who is not a John Mayer fan that he would enjoy his concert because he is literally that good. Plus, his lyrics are amazing and I love when an artist throws in some random cover songs during their set. Last night John Mayer san "Lay Down Sally" by Eric Clapton and it was really good! 
The man's got so many hits now that he couldn't even cover all the great ones, but one that I really love to hear live is "Gravity". Some other favorites are "Half Of My Heart", "Heartbreak Warfare", "Your Body's A Wonderland", "Why, Virginia", "Stop This Train", and many, many more. 




Also, I wanted to give Phillip Phillips, our American Idol, a favorable mention. He was the opener for John Mayer and while I love his two radio singles, I was incredibly impressed with the rest of his album  and some of the other songs he sang. In fact, he did an amazing cover of "Give It Away" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I really recommend checking out his album "The World From The Side Of The Moon", it's really fun to grooooove to =] 


As far as my MOTD for the concert, here were my picks...




Makeup Forever HD Foundation
Nars Pressed Powder in "Beach"
Milani Eyebrow Kit
Tarte "Lights Camera Flashes" Mascara (really loving it)
Urban Decay Naked 2 (Verve, Tease)
Nars "Laguna" Bronzer
The Balm "Frat Boy" Blush
The Balm "Mary Lou-manizer"
Mac lip liner in "Magenta"
Mac lip stick in "Girl About Town"
Jordana Fabu-liner 



No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts?