Friday, August 16, 2013

#2: Products I Regret Purchasing

Here I am again with another review of a product I was extremely excited, yet apprehensive, to buy and try out that ended up failing miserably for me. On my first regretful purchase review I got feedback from some people mentioning how funny it is that what didn't work for me actually worked great for them and was life changing, and that is so true! So please bear in mind that I'm not in any way saying DO NOT BUY THIS because I know there are definitely people out there who would love these products...I am just not one of them, apparently!

Anyway, this time I, again, put off purchasing this item because it priced at over $30 and I felt like there were probably some really comparable items for cheaper or I could invest in a similar product from a hair line that I really like (::cough:Macadamia::cough::Redkin:cough::). But I knew that the Its a 10 hair care line is boarder line a cult favorite and I was dying to try something out by them.
I heard SO many rave reviews about this Miracle Leave-In Plus Kartin treatment that I figured I wanted to give it a try once I used up a split end remedy balm from some cheap-o brand that I had been using. I invested in this stuff and let me tell you, it is NOT cheap. 
I'll admit, I think it was the packaging that really drew me into it. I was going on vacation and did not want to bring a bunch of hair care supplies so I wanted something with several benefits offered. I was a sucker for the gorgeous, GORGEOUS, blue packaging with the precious orange top. I liked the small, yet substantial, packaging. I liked the fact that it promised 10 different benefits to using the product, including a promise of detangling, restored hydration, and extra silky hair. 
Maybe I'm the only person that this did absolutely nothing for except turn my hair into a tangled, goopy, mess.
I'd also like to point out that I have been using this for two months now and so it wasn't like a one and done, I don't like it; it's more of like a I don't want to waste my money but this stuff is horrible and I dread putting it into my hair every single time I blow dry. 

I'd like to bring your attention to the nozzle of this product. It is the same as a liquid-y squirt bottle nozzle which would lead me to assume that the product inside would be liquid-y and thin. This is where I was wrong. This stuff is a straight up cream in a bottle. So when I sprayed it all over my hair (with not directions or tips of use otherwise), it literally just made my hair stick together and start clumping up. This was incredibly frustrating because it makes it tangle, it is difficult to dry, and I just spent a good long time washing my hair and now it already feels dirty.
I tried to use less and comb it through quickly after spraying it so it wouldn't clump up and would hopefully work better. Still no luck.
I resorted to spraying the stuff into my hand and only running it down the ends of my hair and working my way towards the roots. This stuff just made my hair so nasty, so quickly. I don't believe it is benefiting my hair at all. Not even in the tiniest way. I honestly really hate this stuff! And that is a strong word. Unlike the Butter London Nail Polishes I regret purchasing that I feel like I can still salvage and deal with, this stuff I don't even want to look at it anymore! (that's a lie, the packaging is still beautiful).
Get a look at this stuff. That is only two sprays and it is a cream consistency. I have no idea how that is supposed to work out for anybody. How weird that they wouldn't put it in a container that would prepare you for this thick consistency!

Anyways, this stuff has left such a bitter taste in my life that I honestly have no desire to try anything from Its a 10 hair care ever again. 
Has anyone out there used this and have any tips on how I could try to make it work? I honestly have no idea what to do! I hate to have $30 go down the drain!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I've been wanting to try that for so long! I've heard more about the original formula than the keratin one so maybe that has something to do with it? Regardless, it is pretty expensive so I don't know if I'll ever get around to trying it!

    I actually just did a Top 10 Under $10 post and I talked about the Pantene BB cream for hair. You should give it a try! I think it's supposed to be a drugstore dupe for the It's a 10, and I LOVE it.

    Ivy xx
    stylelifelovely.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to try out that Pantene BB but keep telling myself to finish other things first, but since this one was such a dud now I will have to try it! Thank you for the recommendation!

      Delete

what are your thoughts?