Thursday, August 8, 2013

Nanny Style MOTD&essentials and OOTD

I have a whole post ready to be written with pictures and the whole nine yards BUT I wanted to be sure to get a post up today and knew I wouldn't have time for a proper full review. 
In addition to being a student, I am also a nanny. I personally think I have the greatest job in the world because I love children so much. Sometimes I work early in the morning and simply don't have enough time or energy to get ready. Sometime I work incredibly long hours and don't find it necessary to have a full face of make up because there is no one I'm trying to impress. Nonetheless, I'm a female, and females like to be put together, regardless of how pointless it is to look good for no one.  

I have four face essentials that I put on almost every morning (or throw in my purse to hopefully get the chance to put on during baby's nap time) 

I always carry a BB Cream (right now I'm using Tarte's) because it is moisturizing and offers some coverage while also providing sun protection, which is great at the pool, swim lessons, or the park. 
I always fill in my brows with a Brow Powder (Milani) or a brow pencil. Brows shape the face and are much more important than you may think. It's important to fill those babies in!
Bronzer is a staple, I must always wear bronzer. I chose bronzer over blush because it sets some of my bb cream and gives my whole face a healthy glow. I apply it with a large brush so it covers a lot of my face, not just as a contour. 
Mascara cannot be skipped because without it, I would look tired and unfinished. Mascara is a great finishing step because it really does make a huge difference. It opens up the eyes to make you look more awake and energized. 

I wash my hair the night before and let it dry naturally. A V-neck is absolutely perfect because it is functional for carrying babies but is still airy enough for playing outside in the summer, this one is from J Crew. Comfy jeans, like these boyfriend fit ones from Lucky, are great for running errands and squatting down low to talk to a small child. Trust me, I've ripped more pairs to tight jeans than you could ever imagine. A watch is also great, mine is from Ripcurl, because then you don't need to fish your phone out to check the time every second. When I'm holding hands with an active three year old and carrying a baby, I simply don't have an extra hand to check my phone. I also love this one because it is water proof so when we go swimming I can wear it in the pool. Not to mention, this watch is absolutely gorgeous (thanks Dad, it is a wonderful gift) 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday! I have a few fun reviews coming up soon, so keep your eyes peeled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts?