Monday, August 5, 2013

Fun Finds at Walgreens and Ulta & BONUS Birthday Benefit Brow Bar experience

This week I found myself doing some shopping on my birthday because 1) What better way to treat yourself on your birthday and 2) I was offered a free Benefit Brow Bar Arch shaping at Ulta.

I swear I got an email saying that I could go into Ulta to get an arch shaping at the Brow Bar on my birthday for free so I was really tempted. I wan't sure if I really wanted to go because I was like "what if it comes out bad, then all my birthday pictures I'll have wonky eyebrows!", but then I was also like, well, it's free and offers like this do not come around often. I decided to give it a whirl and hope for the best.
I drove all the way out to my nearest Ulta and was also planning on taking advantage of their Liter sale, so I grabbed some Redkin shampoos for only $15 for a whole liter! I already went and got a liter of shampoo and conditioner at the beginning of the sale but wanted a back up for when I run out, and the price honestly could not be beat. (Note: I really have enjoyed these higher quality shampoos, I never splurge on hair care but have been lately and HAVE noticed and huge difference. I'll have a post on that coming).
They didn't have the Blonde Glam shampoo I was hoping for so I decided to invest in a nice cleansing cream shampoo instead for when I need to clarify about once a week or so. Then I wandered over to the Benefit Brow Bar...I stood there for a few moments while the two sales associates finished their conversation with each other then finally spoke up and mentioned the email that I had received about my free Birthday Brow Arch. They looked at me like I was crazy and told me they no longer offer that and that "no Ulta benefit counter offers that any more, it was actually discontinued in February. Macy's may be the only place that still does, but they probably do not either".  What?! Then why did I receive an email from Ulta offering this service? And of course, shame on my part, I deleted the email! So, I didn't get my eyebrows done. I was upset with the customer service of Ulta and as I walked away from the counter, disappointed, no one even said "Oh, but Happy Birthday". Whatever, it is what it is.
As I wandered back to see more sales items, I passed by this display
I had NO idea that theBalm sold some of their hair care line at Ulta!
I was ecstatic to find these their. They price around $15 which is kind of steep for the amount that you get, but I do plan on trying it out sometimes. I especially would like to pick up their hair spray once mine runs out because I think the packaging would look precious on my vanity. Am I the last person to know theBalm hair care was available at Ulta?

Next, I headed over to Walgreens in a last attempt to try to find the Wet n' Wild Pop Art Collections. I've been searching high and low, all month, at several different Walgreens, dozens of different times.
Low and behold...
Finally! I finally found a Wet N Wild Limited Edition Collection! This is a first for the books and I couldn't be more excited.
Sadly, I ended up being THAT person that nearly bought out their whole stock of eyeshadows so that no one else could get them. In my defense, They only had one of each left and I told my self, that at on $3 a piece, I would buy one of each. I would never do it maliciously, I promise!
I'm not a huge fan of these WNW nail polishes so I didn't pick any up. I didn't find any of the colors unique enough.

I haven't played around with these babies yet, and to be honest, I'm not even sure I could use the one on the far right (I feel like it's very dark and gothic and I don't tend to use colors like that), but I'm excited to see what I could do with them! The blue shades are what I'm most excited about. If you aren't a huge fan of colored shadows, I would recommend the first palette "Hard Being the it Girl" because it offers 2 wearable shades in addition to a gorgeous blue.


I just wanted to let you guys know where I was able to spot the Wet N Wild Pop Art Craze display and that if you're interested in trying theBalm Hair care, check out Ulta!
Also, if you get an email offering a free Eyebrow arch at the Brow Bar DON'T BELIEVE IT, because it could end up being a huge waste of time. Or maybe you'll be more lucky than me, in which case, let me know because that'd be awesome to actually get a nice arch for your birthday, for FREE!

I hope you guys had an awesome weekend =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts?