Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Oh, The Things I've Seen (this week!)

I just wanted to share a few photos with you guys tonight, I know it is really late! I have an upcoming "Product I Regret Purchasing" review coming up within a few days but just wanted to post a few photos that I took this week.

I've found myself if Berkley, Capitola, Half Moon Bay, and Santa Cruz this week and just wanted to share some pictures that I found really beautiful. Also, this was my first time taking photos that I did not mind altering and was able to goof around with an editing program. I'm no expert or anything, but I will say that it was awfully fun seeing what some minor editing could do!

Enjoy! =]

So, first I was in Berkley. My Dad is working up there and I thought I would take advantage of the opportunity to go visit him while he was on a job site that was fun to visit.
Here is a look at some of the construction going on

 



The man himself! I wasn't even embarrassed by his outfit ;-)








We found this really delicious Cinnamon Roll shop while we were in Berkley called Cinnaholic as we were roaming the streets. I have to say, it was absolutely divine! I had a freshly baked Cinnamon Roll with Peanut Butter Frosting and Chocolate Chips. YUM!

Later this week, my Mom and I drove down to Santa Cruz and cruised over to Capitola to grab lunch. We went to a really yummy place called Gayles Bakery and split a sandwich. It was so tasty, I would highly recommend this place if you are ever in Capitola. It may seem overwhelming with tons of different options, but it is SO worth it! (Just go check out that menu, you will definitely be drooling on your keyboard). We then headed up Highway 1 to just take a drive. We found this really small beach LOADED with kite surfers. I don't know if you've ever seen kite surfers, but they are truly awing to watch. But when there are several of them out there, on a sunny day, with their brightly colored kites, it just makes you feel happy and smiley...I don't know how to explain it but it is just amazing!

We came across this cute lighthouse in Half Moon Bay. It is known as the Pigeon Point Hostel Lighthouse, as it is located at the hostel at, you guessed it, Pigeon Point. I found it to be quite symbolic actually because the Lighthouse is almost like a beacon, not only to the boats on the water, but also to those coming in looking for a place to stay with little to no spare cash. Something about lighthouses is also very awing to me I guess... ha!
 By this point clearly the sun was setting and the fog was rolling in and we were on our way home.



And is it just me, or is tea the absolute best way to wind down after you've had an exciting day? Well, decaffeinated tea, of course! 
I've really been enjoying loose leaf tea (not sure which one I'm on at the moment) from my local farmer's market. I use an empty tea bag, which you could buy at any grocery store I'm sure, and fill it with a scoop or two of tea leaves. 
I also got this delicious blueberry flavored honey from a farmer's market as well and it is delightful in this, or any, tea. 

Also, I just love this cup so much! Aside from it being bright orange and so cheerful, it says "Tea Is Liquid Wisdom". So precious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts?