Sunday, August 11, 2013

Inspired By Beautiful Things #1

I'd like to start another series here on Beauty and Blogging. Something that is important to me outside of blogging about beauty, is blogging about other things that make me feel truly happy and inspired. So although these things may seem random, I think it will be fun to see if others are inspired by the same things or what does inspire other people. 

Harmonicas are my absolute favorite instrument. I grew up with a very strong music education within my household. My Dad is a huge Classic Rock fan and so I grew up listening to nothing but classic rock. I'm actually named after John Lennon's building that he lived and died in front of in New York, so the music taste sort of comes with the name. I am a huge John Lennon fan as well as a HUGE Beatles fanatic. I remember in my senior year of high school being able to skip a class period of Physiology because my English teacher thought I should come to his film studies class to watch "A Hard Day's Night" as I had never seen it before. This is a day I'll never forget because it really is not every day you get to watch a fantastic movie at school that stars your absolute favorite musicians. This scene has always stuck out to me where the boys are on the train and they are playing cards and flirting with ladies and jamming. Since the day I watched this film nearly 4 years ago, this song has been my ringtone on my phone. Anytime I hear that Harmonica, I just feel happy and alive.

Another one of my lifelong favorite musical artists was pretty much known for his lyrics, his piano, his guitar, and his harmonica. He sings one of my absolute favorite lyrics in one of his songs;  it just really speaks to me and I think that that is what music is really all about. 
"Yes, to dance beneath a diamond sky with one hand waving free. Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves. Let me forget about today until tomorrow."
I mean, honestly, does it get more beautiful than that? I want that plastered all over my whole entire life to see in every direction that I turn. Is that excessive? Maybe just a little. 

And this little cutie is also really enjoying the beauty of the harmonica!


So I know this post may have seemed a little random and not exactly what you are looking for but, not to fear, because tomorrow I have a very exciting DIY/how to coming! I just feel like if you're feeling inspired, maybe you can inspire someone else. Life is all about what you love and what makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts?