Monday, August 26, 2013

August Matters

Hey Everyone! I wanted to get a quick post up in regards to the end of August approaching, school starting back up, the end of the year not too far off in the future, and the holidays quickly approaching. I feel like August is always a crazy and insane time of the year, but at the same time it is always exciting because it feels like the home stretch of the year because so much is beginning again. That probably only makes sense to me, but lets roll with it...
I transfered to a University this semester and I was really anxious about the whole thing because I was really comfortable at my Community College and since I plan on getting a masters, I need to get a BA and I didn't know what to get it in so I randomly chose communications. I had no idea what to expect. Well basically, it is amazing and I'm loving every single second of it! After studying so many hard sciences, it is nice to be working on something more extroverted and social. I like how the things we talk about are relative to today and things that I can relate to.


How many people can say they watched "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke, at a teachers request, during class, on a projector screen?
I would assume not many, but these are the things I'm really appreciating about communications. Mostly looking at Robin Thicke, ha!











I always stress in August also because I know that the holidays will be here in no time and the holidays are ALWAYS a really stressful time. I don't understand how people do not get stressed at the holidays because I always freak out. Between baking and saving and shopping, I just cannot handle the pressure! Not to mention, I feel like I'm the worst gift giver in the world.

I'm not quite sure where I'm going with all of this but I wanted to try to reach out to anyone who may be sharing any of these feelings (even just a smidge) because it always helps me when I'm stressed to know that I'm Not Alone. So anyone with these stressful feelings that come along with the end of August...You're Not Alone, Either!

My Favorite De-Stressers:



Go somewhere beautiful and do something you love!
I love to blog, so when I feel drab and stressed out, I pack up my computer (and sometimes my best friend) and head over the hill to Santa Cruz and bust out a quick blog post.
Who wouldn't feel great looking at the gorgeous view while blogging and sipping on a coffee?











Speaking of coffee, grab a cup of coffee! I don't mean while you're rushing to work or walking to class, I mean take a few minutes for yourself to go to your favorite coffee shop and grab a cup of coffee. Then, the most important part is to take your time to actually enjoy it. This is something that I find I can do at least once a week to just rejuvenate myself and take a bit of "me" time.
PS If you're ever in the SF bay area, look up the nearest Philz Coffee, it's really the best.








Last but not least, get things that make your morning brighter. I find that when I have a good morning, I set myself up to have a good day.
My favorite nutrition bar is a Luna Chocolate Peppermint Stick, it tastes so good and keeps me held over until I have time to prepare a good nutritious breakfast. This are super quick and easy to eat on my way to class, on the light rail, or in my car going to work.
Also, I'm obsessed with One Direction as of some what recently and their CD "Take Me Home" really puts me in an awesome mood, especially in the mornings when I'm tired and sleepy and the last thing I want to do is listen to radio hosts talk on and on and on




I really hope you all are having a great week, and if you're looking for a reason to smile, I hope some of my tips could help you out; I know they always help me when I'm feeling down. Stress Season is only beginning, so keep your chin up!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts?