Saturday, August 10, 2013

Quick Post: Elle and Blair Fowler Macy's Meet up


As the anticipation was killing me, I snapped this quick picture of Elle and Blair at my local Macy's while they were signing their new book "Where Beauty Lies". I found it so random that Elle and Blair Fowler were coming to San Jose, of all places, for a book signing. I find my hometown to be quite small and boring and was amazed they would come here as opposed to somewhere like San Francisco, which is just over an hour away. Regardless, the whole thing was very exciting news to me!
Lucky for me, I did not have work today so me and my bestie packed ourselves into the car with Starbucks in hand and headed down to Valley Fair.

Upon waiting in line, I was not surprised to find ourselves as some of the oldest people waiting in line (besides moms and grandparents). I love seeing younger girls waiting at book signings because I remember being that person and Elle and Blair are so beautiful and such great role models it's incredible to see so many girls excited to meet them, not to mention many of these girls have probably never met someone they idolize before. Once the show got rolling, the line moved quite quickly. There was a VIP line and a general line to wait in; VIP access was granted to people who spend $50 at the Macy's Style Lab, they were given a copy of Elle and Blair's book and got to be the first group of people to meet them. This was only offered to the first 120 people to show up and spend $50. My friend and I stood in the general line and just waited it out.
The girls were kind and talkative and seemed genuinely excited to meet everybody. They took time to talk to everyone individually and signed books and took pictures. We also received and 8X10 photo of them that was signed by both Elle and Blair. When we got to the front of the line, Blair immediately asked us if we were from San Jose and how we liked it. When we joked about how it wasn't that great, she responded by talking about her hometown and how often times people think it's cool but how she thinks it's pretty boring. It was nice to have an actual conversation with them that, even if it was small talk, seemed natural and obviously she was listening because she had a statement to respond with. Both Elle and Blair seemed prepared and were talking to each other and their fans during conversation that made it seem like a very personal experience, even if it was only 30 seconds!
My friend who doesn't know too much about Elle or Blair (but was excited to meet them regardless) even approached the line saying "Oh wow, they are both so gorgeous!" And it's true, they are both beautiful and really bubbly. Elle seemed a little bit more shy than Blair, but as anyone who watches them knows, Blair is really talkative and bubbly.

I know that they've lost subscribers and fans because they have so many endorsements and sponsors now that their reviews can seem insincere. It's important as fans and viewers to realize that this is their life, and that this is their job. Companies pursue people who are interested in their products and feel that they could get good advertising out of because the individuals they chose can actually get good use out of their product. However, it would be incredibly difficult to give a product a positive review if it is something you really would not recommend to someone. They chose what would be useful and beneficial to their viewers. Regardless of the endorsements, they are both the same people they've always been! Both Elle and Blair have written blogs now that I personally enjoy following more than their videos because they seem to post more consistently, and honestly, sometimes written blogs are so much more convenient to check in on. Not to mention, I enjoy to wake up and enjoy my coffee while catching up on Blogs on my days off and so I'm so pleased that they are writing out reviews now.


They have a few more tour dates in this current book tour so I recommend checking out that list to see if they're coming anywhere near you! They are really sweet and fun to meet with. Also, be sure to check out those blog links that I gave up above, and also check out their youtube channels!
Blair's Youtube Channel
Elle's Youtube Channel

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the Valley Fair mall! I live a few hours away and love to take a vacation weekend down there to shop (: I remember watching Blair when I was younger, although I haven't recently. I'm sure she's still just as helpful!

    Katelynn
    www.katieconsiders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

what are your thoughts?