Wednesday, September 11, 2013

How Benefit Brow Bar Redeemed Themselves...

As some of you may remember, in August I wrote a review on my Benefit Brow Bar experience (if you didn't read it, you can catch it here). My review was clearly unimpressed by the service that I received (or lack there of, actually). I'm not a fan of bad customer service and certainly am not one to give second chances often. I don't believe doing your job well and being kind to customers is difficult, and if you find that it is then you probably should consider finding a less interactive job. *End Rant* 
So the other day I found myself in Ulta walking around and looking for a few things I wanted to pick up. Both the items I went in to get were sold out and since I was in the mind set to spend some money, I started talking to one of the sales women. She was in the high end section of the store and was really casual and comfortable to talk to; she was giving several customers personal opinions on products and being extremely helpful. I knew from that moment I wanted to buy something from her because she was such a proactive employee. Do these types of impulses happen to other people? Just me? 
I approached her and was asking some questions about products and mentioned my horrible customer service the last time I was at Ulta to get my arches done at the Benefit Brow Bar. She totally agreed with me on my feelings of how they should still do a free Birthday Arch service and how dumb it is for them not to. She then mentioned how she does brows and since it wasn't busy, I asked if she had time to do mine that I would really appreciate it. She was happy to take me in and give me a shaping. She took her time and walked me through the whole process with the measuring of the arch, beginning, and tail of my brow. Then she filled them in to show me what they are going to look like. She was sure to mention that I would probably need to do the process at least 3 times to get the exact arch that I want because some areas need to grow in before we wax other areas. She would do a section and then show me in the mirror and make sure everything was looking good to my standard.

  • I loved how sterile the process was; a new stick of wax for each section
  • The wax is MUCH more gentle than what I'm used to at the nail salon
  • She was chatty but not rude; she didn't mention how badly I needed to get my brows done, what a mess they were, or how sensitive my skin is
  • She made sure I wasn't allergic to anything that could be in their products
  • Most importantly, she didn't let me leave looking like a mess. She applied make up over the waxed area, filled in my brows, and fixed up my make up. I was able to run errands after my appointment without my face being bright red and oily. It was AMAZING.
So this experience was MUCH better. I was even told that day by some friends that my brows looked really nice and more arched (which is what I've always wanted!) Everything about my second time at the Brow Bar was so much better. I plan on going back once I'm due for a touch up. If you are unsure of your local Brow Bar, I suggest looking up reviews on Yelp. Usually I wouldn't just hop into a seat and let someone alter my face without checking other people's experiences, but this just had a really good feeling about it. 
I'll put it this way...I plan on buying this woman a Christmas present because I'm so happy with the way my brows turned out. 

I hope this helped some of you guys out!
Have a great week, XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts?