Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Favorite Fall Lip Products

Hey There! Today I want to get a post up about all of my favorite lip colors for fall. With August ending and Autumn quickly approaching, I figured now is the perfect time to to post this so if you see anything you like you can run out and get it and feel well prepared for fall. Also, I find that Fall (as well as Winter) are the best months to take advantage of lip colors because it isn't so dreadfully hot that you have to keep it light and minimal in fear of it literally melting off your face.
Personally, I prefer deep and dark colors much more than nude or subtle colors. I tend to wear very minimal eye make up so I like to play up my lips a lot. Also, with a lipstick collection as extensive as mine, I might as well get as much use out of all of it as possible. So lets dive right in and talk about some of my favorites!
The first color I want to talk about is not featured in my swatches because I've actually been wearing it these past few days. I picked this up last winter and was devastated when the hotter months got here because I wasn't ready to put it away for fall. It's still summer and I cannot wait any longer; I've decided to just start wearing it during the lead up to Fall because I cannot contain myself any longer. I think this color is great for this awkward transition period because it is a deep plum color, but it isn't too dark or too pigmented to wear you look scary
Revlon Sugar Plum
I ADORE this color. It would look great on anyone. This is my number 1 fall recommendation for lipstick.

Now for the rest of them...
Mac Lipstick "Rebel"
Mac Lipstick "Viva Glam III"
Mac Lipstick "Up The Amp"
Mac Lipstick "Twig"
Revlon Lip Butter "Red Velvet"
Revlon Lip Butter "Fig Jam"
Clinique Almost Lipstick "Black Honey"
Revlon Kissable Balm Stain "Crush"
Revlon Kissable Balm Stain "Honey"
Mac Lipglass "Russian Red"
Revlon Colorstay Lipgloss "Sun Baked"

It's pretty clear I like to gravitate towards the darker neutrals and plum colors for fall (I prefer to save reds for winter, with the exception of the Mac Russian Red Lipglass). Out of all these, I wear Revlon Lip Butter in "Sugar Plum" and Revlon Balm Stain in "Crush" the most, the literally live in my purse in the fall. I think glosses are a fun for days when you wear your hair in a high pony to give a really polished look. Also, the great thing about fall is that deep lip colors work really well on a variety of skin tones and they can be much more wearable than bright reds and pinks. The drug store has many wonderful options so go check some of these out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts?