Monday, September 9, 2013

My HOLY GRAIL Break Out Product

I have suffered from acne and break outs since early-mid high school. I am now in my 4th year of college at 21 years old and still have problems with acne. It can be so frustrating getting break outs when you are essentially an adult in every other way. I've gone to dermatologists and tried just about every product on the shelfs to prevent and reduce acne. Some have done nothing while others have literally burned the very skin off my face and left me with peeling, red, bleeding skin. Trust me, there have been some nightmares, including taking prescription pills that were supposed to help but instead just caused me the sun burn so painfully that I couldn't even sit in the seats in my car. Ugh, thinking about all these horrible events is making me cringe. Acne is emotionally, socially, and physically painful. Ain't that the truth, though...

The best product, hands down, that I have ever found is the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Stress Control Toner. You guys, I swear, I rave about this product to absolutely everyone. Anyone that says they are breaking out or have problems with acne, I literally get so excited to tell them all about this product. I use this every single night after I wash my face and on mornings when I'm dealing with a break out. It has significantly reduced the amount of break outs that I get and I have repurchased it over and over again. I'm pretty sure this is my 4th bottle. I've even got my brother and my best friend hooked on it. She even told me that she stopped using it and when she went back to it couldn't believe that she stopped using it in the first place. The active ingredient for this is salicylic acid, which seems to work better for my skin type as opposed to benzoyl peroxide. The bottle will last you a few months also, and it has never dried out my skin to the point where it is peeling. Sure, it will make your skin feel drier, but I haven't had any severe dryness since using this product. If Neutrogena ever discontinued this, I literally think I would die. I've even stopped using the acne medicated gel that I've been using for the past 4 years because this has worked so many wonders for my skin. The best part? It's under 5 dollars! Perfect for teenagers and acne strugglers on a tight budget. 

2 comments:

  1. I might have to give this a try! I struggle with acne, and salycilic acid has always helped me the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a try, it worked magic for me!

      Delete

what are your thoughts?