Monday, September 9, 2013

CalNaturale Svelte Review (It's Protein!)

Anyone who knows me knows that i'm borderline Vegetarian. Not because of any health reasons or beliefs, but because I just simply do not enjoy chicken and other meat sources. I love carbs like pasta and rice and would chose either of those over a steak any day. 
Another way many people make sure they get enough protein in their diet is by drinking protein shakes. I absolutely hate the idea of a protein shake; it is mostly the consistency of the actual shake that gets me. If I can move past that, I start to notice the smell and that alone is gag worthy. Again, this is all personal preference. 
I also do not drink regular milk as it makes me sick, instead I always drink soy milk or coconut milk. Many store bought protein shakes and beverages are made with low fat milk so I can't drink those even if I wanted to. 

With all that said, I have found something that is new to me and I am absolutely in love! As with cosmetics, I am a huge sucker for packaging so when I saw these precious shakes at Whole Foods, I knew I had to try them. 
The CalNaturale Svelte Protein Shakes are made with soy milk and contain 16 complex carbs that help keep you full and energized all day. They come in 4 flavors, chocolate, vanilla, cappuccino, and spiced chai. 

The first flavor that I tried was just the chocolate one. I love how it says "Hello Beautiful" on the front, it can really brighten your day by seeing a simple message on your protein shake. This shake tasted like your standard chocolate protein shake; not really my cup of tea, but it wasn't horrible. I prefer dark chocolate flavors too so this was a little "sweet" as far as chocolate goes. Again, not great, but not bad. 
I then tried the spiced chai flavor. Contrary to this quote, this shake was most definitely not my style. I love chai and it is one of my favorite flavors. I love the spice and the sweetness all mixed into one delicious beverage. Unfortunately, this was not the case here. This tasted horrible, I'm not sure if it was too sweet or too spicy, but it was just not a good flavor. I would never EVER repurchase this one.
Now, onto my favorite (and the one that I'm currently sipping on). The cappuccino flavor quoting "enjoy yourself" is exactly how I feel when I drink this. It does not seem like a protein shake at all, it's more of like a thick coffee beverage that is actually enjoyable to drink. I continue to buy this flavor over and over because it is by far my favorite. 
These Svelte Protein Shakes keep me energized much like how a cup of coffee does, so on mornings when I'm feeling anxious and the last thing I need is caffeine, I like to grab one of these. They also do not need to be refrigerated (although I do keep mine chilled) which can be handy for work or school to just keep in your bag. The packaging is sturdy and very quality. They also keep me really full and really energized! I love these before or after a work out, or in between meals when I'm at work. 
The places I have found these is at Safeway in the Nutrition Isle and at Whole Foods, so the next time you're there, be sure to check them out! Also, you can find out exact locations where these are sold by going here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts?