Monday, October 6, 2014

Nordstroms Has Become A Dress Playground

Hey everybody! Today I am posting about all the wonderful weddings I have been going to recently and all of the fantastic dresses I have found at Nordstroms! So many of my friends have been getting married recently and I have this huge issue where I CANNOT wear the same outfit to two events. Especially not in one summer. I've been able to find a bunch of great picks at Nordstroms and while I've always been a fan or Nordy's, I usually just shop at The Rack. I've learned that great deals can still be found in stores if you shop the sales racks and during their discount weeks. 
This past weekend, my boyfriend, Chad, had a really close childhood friend get married in Napa. I wanted to wear something floral and girly, but also a little bit edgy. I found this gorgeous dress by Wayf that is a simple sheath style dress (meaning it gives you no shape but is soooo comfortable) with a beautiful and bright floral pattern against a navy backdrop. My favorite part was the subtle and sporadic splashes of checkerboard pattern. This dress is the perfect combination of girly and edgy. To give it even more edge, I did a side french braid into a fishtail braid with a chunk of hair curled around it. I wasn't positive I loved my hair but I ended up really enjoying it. It was different and unique which I loved. I chose to wear a bright pink lipstick (Mac Magenta Lip Liner with Mac Girl About Town [long wearing amplified formula that rooocksss]) with a dusted-out white eyeshadow look and a bold winged liner. To finish off the look, I wore a long, layering necklace from Bauble Bar with a "stone" embellishment. I thought this was a great way to add a natural and earthy feel to the entire look. I also wore a cuffed earring (from Nordstroms Rack) which looks great on the ear where the hair is pulled away from. 
IMG_0345IMG_0337
I wanted to get a close up of my hair so you guys can let me know how you thought it turned out. PS how nice does Chad look?
Another big wedding this year was for some dear friend's of ours from the church. I found another sheath style dress on a sales rack for only $24! It was a total steal and I'm excited to find ways to style it for cooler weather. I went for a more romatic approach with this look by wearing a side french braid with the other half of my hair in loose curls. I wore a vivid lipstick by Maybelline in "Vibrant Mandarine" over Mac's "Cherry" lipliner and just some false eyelashes. Because I'm obsessed with mixing styles, I added my cuffed earring to this look as well, again, on the ear where the hair was pulled away from. 
IMG_0059
What was really great about this dress was that it was great in the hot weather and all the bold colors contrasting agains another bold color was really out of my usual comfort zone. 
My last option was for a wedding for one of my old co-workers at The Little Gym. This wedding was at the beginning of the summer when it was dreadfully hot. I wore a simple Maxi Dress that I got on a super sale at Nordstroms in a cobalt blue color. Simple curls and light pink lips (Mac Lipstick in Pink Nouveau with Oyster Girl Lipgloss on top) was what completed this simple, summery look. 
IMG_1194
Just a quick mention that I wore a dress just like the one above in a green patterned style with peachy-perfection make up (Mac Flamingo Lipstick and Tarte's Tipsy Blush) to my good friend Bri's wedding where I actually got to do her bridal make up! This was the first time I ever got to do anyone's make up for their wedding and I felt so lucky to be a part of her special day. 
IMG_0147
How beautiful is this bride?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts?