Thursday, March 27, 2014

Review: Dior Glow Maximizer Primer

Image
Ain't that the best picture you've ever seen (not!). I bought this luxurious Dior primer in hopes that I could use it with some of my heavy/matte/satin/long-wear foundations to give them a more luminous finish. Sadly, this was not the case.
I bought this and really wanted to love it. I reallllllly really did. I gave it several chances; in fact, I gave it 2 months of trial to get a fair opinion. What it comes down to is that for $42, it simply is not worth it. It sets up REALLY quickly so you must work fast to get it all over your face. Sadly I don't think The Flash could work fast enough to get this stuff spread evenly. It looked patchy and uneven every. single. time. 
On top of that, it was extremely iridescent. It was gorgeous swatched and honestly I didn't mind it on my skin, but be warned, if you have pores that you try desperately to conceal, this primer will most likely be your worst enemy. 
I'm very partial to the Hourglass Veil Primer, it is my favorite high end and I would spend money on that without thinking twice. As far as this Dior primer, I held onto it for so long but something much better has recently stepped into my life. the Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer is incredible. It does not have a silicony feel (which I actually like when they do, but I know some people do not). It spreads well and gives the face a beautiful glow that looks luminous and not sparkly. It is much less expensive and, in my opinion, far better than the Dior Glow Maximizer. 
Hope this was helpful!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts?