Monday, February 3, 2014

Maybelline Color Elixirs Review || Glossy Gloss Goodness

I have been trying out lots of new products this week and trying to get a couple of reviews up. So, here we are with the first review of the week.
Maybelline has released a new line of lip-laquering goodness that is supposed to be a combination of pigment, comfort, and gloss all rolled into one pout-pursing punch. 
I've personally heard really mixed reviews on these. Some say it's too thick, others don't like that it isn't as full coverage as the Rimmel Show Off Lip Creams, and some think they're the bomb. Time for my two cents...
I think that these Color Elixirs are incredible. I think they are easier to wear than the Rimmel Show Offs because they are thicker and do not bleed outside the lip lines. I love the vast color range--though I have found that they differ from other displays at different locations (Target only has about half the collection). These are not full of color coverage, it can be sheer or it can build up color but it is not how it is portrayed in the add as a liquid lipstick. 
My favorite way to wear these are over a lip liner. The Color Elixir stays on for ages and just to ensure I won't have to touch up for hours and hours, I lay it over a lip liner. This also makes the pigment much bolder. Also, depending on which color you line and fill in your lips with, the Color Elixir will bounce off of that color and change with different shades of liner. 
I have been using my Mac Magenta Lip Liner so my Color Elixirs take on a bit more of a purple hue. Anyways, I'm totally and completely obsessed with these!
The first color I picked up is Dashing Orchid which is a shimmering Orchid-Purple color. It's totally my type of color.
Next up is Hibiscus Haven, a true hot pink color which layers gorgeous over that Mac Magenta liner I was talking about. This is like a liquid "Candy Yum-Yum" (by Mac) shade.
The fact that these a a gloss make them a little more wearable than a lipstick for those of you who are a little intimidated by bright colors. 

I think these look best if you apply them and kiss the back of your hand to blot off some of the excess. These are also the type of product you don't want to apply before eating as it is a thick consistency. But I'm telling you guys, I am COMPLETELY OBSESSED! I expect to pick up a lot more of these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts?