Thursday, January 30, 2014

My First BirchBox!

Anyone out there love subscription services?! I really, really, really, love free samples. Like, a lot. I've always thought about Subscription boxes but never really signed up for one. They're pretty inexpensive in theory for what it is that you are getting. I refused to pay more than $10 for my first round of Subscription boxes just because I wasn't sure how much I was going to be into it.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with subscription boxes, it is basically a company that you can sign up to and pay X amount of dollars a month and they send you your monthly subscription of beauty products (well in my case beauty products, but they even have these things for your dog!). Some popular Beauty Subscription Services include Ipsy, Beauty Army, and Birchbox.
I am subscribed to two different services and want to see how the first 2-3 months go and then I will ultimately pick just one to stay subscribed to. The first box to come in was Birchbox and I was apprehensive.
After reading several reviews comparing all the different companies to pick from, I've heard my fair share of positives and negatives for all of them. As far as I'm concerned, I am totally impressed with my first box!
Upon subscribing to Birchbox, I had to fill out a quiz that vaguely asked what kind of products I was interested in. I mentioned hair, skin care, and of course, make up. I was a little surprised to see they gave me a nail product because I know that I didn't pick that on my quiz but oh well! 
The best product I got was a pretty substatial sized Shampoo and Conditioner by Fredrick Fekkai from his "Glossing" line. I have been dying to try this duo out for a really long time and so I was ecstatic to find it in my preciously wrapped box. 
The next product I got was a Nail Rock glitter set that gives you a really intense glittery accent nail. I'm not sure I will get a lot of use out of this product as I really loath glittery nail polish and the whole process of removing it. But it's definitely worth a shot! And it is a full size kit, which is really impressive.
I also got a Mineral Eyeshadow in a gorgeous blueish-silver duo chrome. I will definitely get some good use out of this and I think it will be perfect for layering over black eyeshadow or worn alone. Gotta love duo chromes!
The "extra" gift was this really interesting deodorizing wipe that you can use to make your clothes smell fresher on a long day, for example if you were flying and needed to smell nice when you landed. Interesting concept...we will see.
Over all I am totally excited about my new subscription service! I'm already excited to see what I get next month!!

Hope you guys are having a nice week! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts?